Thursday, June 18, 2009

It is a privilege...to be a nurse



I love nursing. It’s quite a privilege to be a nurse. Nurses have the potential of benefiting and touching so many lives in such a positive way. As a Faith Community Nurse, I can practice the art of nursing, not just the science.

Faith Community Nursing focuses on the promotion of health within the context of the values, beliefs and practice of a faith community. It is caring for the whole person mind, body and spirit. You can’t have a healthy body if you don’t have a healthy spirit. Helping faith communities recognize the close relation between physical, emotional and spiritual health is one aspect that makes faith community nursing so special to me.

Faith community nursing is more about “being” than “doing”. It is a calling not a job.
“I will bring health and healing to you. I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.” (Jeremiah 33:6)

More to come from Faith Community Nursing and check out the pictures below...

- Paulette Golden, RN, manager of community health and Faith Community Nursing
Photo Credit: Glen E. Ellman

No comments:

Post a Comment