Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hope through Adversity


Meet Jaclyn Creech.
She was recently diagnosed with leukemia while recovering from a traumatic injury where she lost her right arm. And, Jaclyn Creech is still optimistic. Nothing seems to break her spirits.
For the last 15 months, Creech has been back and forth between her home in Gustine and our oncology unit at Texas Health Fort Worth. She says she doesn’t mind the travel because she loves being amongst her friend – the nurses and staff members on the oncology unit.
“I’ve made more friends here than I have ever before. This is a comfortable spot,” Creech said.
She said she has enjoyed her time at the hospital – a place that she finds a great amount of hope.
“They treat me like a person not like I’m handicapped, just normal and that makes me feel good,” Creech said.
She is looking forward to her last treatment in July as well as getting back to a normal life with her children. While she acknowledges the seriousness of her illness, she doesn’t believe it should stop her from living. She said her journey here has been a good one. “This is where I needed to be.”

1 comment:

  1. Jaclyn has taught me more in her silent strength than any other person I've met. I admire her as a truely awesome woman who inspires everyone who cares enough to get to know her.
    Jaclyn is one of God's modern-day miracles for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete