Thursday, July 2, 2009

Prevention and a Healthy Lifestyle



Hello, my name is Jennifer Campbell and I have been here at Texas Health Fort Worth for the last 13 years. I am an Exercise Physiologist and I currently work in 3 departments, yes 3, it is not a typo, the Executive Health Program, Cardiac Rehab and the Fitness Center. I have a very rewarding job that allows me to work on all ends of the spectrum; working with Executives coming into our office for physical exams and screening imaging services, Fitness center members that are working on fitness and weight loss goals by attending group fitness classes and cardiac rehab patients that have already had an event such as a heart attack or bypass surgery and are just getting started on their journey to recovery.

Although I love all of my cardiac rehab patients and enjoy watching them get back to their normal daily activities after participating in our cardiac rehab program, I feel so fortunate to work in a place that not only treats the patients with illness, but also promotes prevention and healthy lifestyle modifications by offering physicals, screenings and wellness offerings that help educate and bring awareness to members of our community (and not to mention save a few lives along the way). Prevention is the key and having an annual physical exam is a great way to learn the areas that need attention and to make the necessary risk factor modifications that can help you live a healthier and happier life.

No comments:

Post a Comment