Monday, May 17, 2010

Bariatric Diaries 2: Getting closer

I woke up early today to visit Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth to have my pre op testing done for surgery day. You can schedule your pre op tests up to 5 days out from the date of the surgery. The tests were pretty straight forward. They did blood work, an EKG, a couple chest x- rays, and of course a weigh in. Also, be prepared to give your life history. I am almost positive they asked me over 1000 questions. Ok, maybe it was more like 40 or 50. Before all the testing I paid a visit to a friendly admissions counselor who verified all my information and collected my deposit for the surgery. I was in and out in less than an hour.
So now I am preparing for my last weekend before surgery. A friend asked me earlier today what I had planned for the weekend, and I could hear in their voice they were waiting for this great lineup of events. No, I am not going to go slay a dragon, or go bungee jumping, or anything crazy. It’s just another weekend like all the others. I am going to relax with my wife and son while trying to get some things done around the house since I will be out of commission for a week or two. If it doesn’t rain too much, I will be coaching t-ball on Saturday morning. I will probably slip away to do a little shopping for chewable vitamins, protein, and all the other supplements that I will begin taking once I am home from the hospital. Other than that, I plan on spending most of the weekend at home.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention how the weigh in went this morning. Drum Roll Please………. I have lost 23 lbs since my last weigh in a month ago. Great way to start the morning!
Have a good weekend everybody!! The journey continues….



- Casey Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment