Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Were You Born at Texas Health Fort Worth?



Prior to joining Texas Health Resources (THR), I’d had the opportunity to work with the organization on a number of events and developed a positive impression. I began to feel like it was something I had to be a part of. I joined THR more than 11 years ago, but my connection to the organization goes back much farther.


I was born at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth where my mother also delivered my three sisters. I followed suit and delivered my two beautiful children at Texas Health Fort Worth as did my sisters. We even shared the same OB/GYN for four of our children’s births. For me, choosing to deliver at Texas Health Fort Worth wasn’t just about a family tradition. I remember growing up when someone asked, “Where were you born,” the response was always, “Harris Methodist”! It became almost “club” like. As I got older and more educated, I had a better understanding why that was the answer.


My mother chose Texas Health Fort Worth because of the level of care she knew she would receive, the tenured staff and the advanced technology. My sisters and I chose to deliver there for the same reasons. I think as the community grows, people need to feel that sense of family in knowing who their neighbors are and who they can trust.


Texas Health Fort Worth has built their reputation based on providing care for patients at their most vulnerable times and treating them as if they are family. The hospital embodies the philosophy of “treat others the way you want to be treated.” That’s something that my mother instilled in me and my siblings and something that we work to instill in our children as well. So, I am very fortunate and proud to represent an organization that places individualized care at the forefront of everything they do.



Jeanine Andersen

Marketing Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment