Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nutrition Support in Critical Care

When patients cannot help themselves in any capacity, there are professionals that step in and take the necessary steps to ensure that they receive the type of care that will sustain and nourish them back to the point where they can do it on their own. In the clinical nutrition field, professionals like Debbie Foster do just that.
Debbie’s career as a licensed and certified nutrition support dietitian began with Texas Health HEB and Texas Health Fort Worth.
“When I was a student working part-time, day after day I observed a culture of compassion, care and professionalism at both hospitals. It had a strong impact on me and I knew this is where I wanted to be.”
When asked about her daily motivators, she said “My satisfaction comes from having a direct impact on improving my patient’s overall outcomes”.
“I enjoy being able to use nutrition as part of the healing process that helps to get patients back to a productive and healthy life.”
Family members find it comforting to know that when their loved ones may be unable to eat on their own, there is someone ensuring that they are receiving the best source of nutrition.
Healthcare and science have always been a passion for Debbie. The profession allows her to use her passion to help others. She enjoys being part of a multidisciplinary healthcare team dedicated to the improving the health of the community mind, body and spirit.









Debbie Foster
Registered Dietitian



No comments:

Post a Comment