Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bariatric Diary # 8: Things are looking up


Good day, kind readers!!


Last time I wrote I was about to have an endoscopy due to some internal issues. I had the procedure and thankfully, we found the problem. I had at some point developed a stricture at the bottom of my stomach where the new pouch connects to the intestine. My body essentially overcompensated during the healing process and almost closed off the stomach pouch at the bottom opening. Unfortunately it could not all be repaired in the one procedure. On Tuesday of this week, I had a second procedure and I am glad to report that things are back to where they should be with one small exception. During the 2nd endocscopy they found a small stomach ulcer so I will be taking medicine for awhile until that can be taken care of. No fun, but hey its better than the alternatives.


I did find it very funny my experience with the endoscopy. It really is painless and no big deal. However, both times I had weird experiences in the recovery room. Apparently both times, everybody wanted to tell me very important information while I was more or less in a comatose state of mind. Thankfully, I had my dad with me the first time and my sister the second time. If not I very well might have given away everything I own. The nurses were great, the doctor was great, and I am much better off now.


So other than the medical side of things, life has been good. The job is good, the family is good, the Rangers made it to the World Series (Antlers Up!!), hunting season start next weekend, and life seems to be going in the right direction. As of today, I am proud to say that I have lost approximately 141 lbs and glad that my weight is staying fairly consistent now.


I encourage everyone to come out to the Bariatric Support Group tomorrow, Thursday, November 4. It should be a good time and much knowledge to be shared by all.

The journey continues…..
Casey Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment