Tuesday, April 13, 2010

From the heart of one of our patients...

I was completely devastated when I first received the news, on June 25, 2009, that I had an aggressive cancer. It was as if I had been punched in the gut by a two ton gorilla. I felt complete despair. To my surprise, the entire staff at Texas Health Fort Worth came to my rescue. Not only did they restore my sense of hope, but my sense of humor as well. Each day I was lifted up by their enthusiastic spirit, their absolute professionalism and their deep concern for my well being. They took what could have been a hellish experience and made it a heavenly one. They restored my sense of self worth and my hope for the future. This was done as a matter of course. Not rehearsed, not falsely, but truly from their hearts. I don't have the words to adequately express my sense of gratitude to this organization during my time of trouble. The doctors, the nurses, the technicians, even the clean up crew, were there to help me every step of the way on my journey with cancer. I will forever sing their praises. May God richly bless each and every one of you. May you continue to be a beacon of light in the darkness that is the despair of cancer. Thank you all.

With deep gratitude,

Perry William Allen III

No comments:

Post a Comment